H&R block international offices

Around the world, Block has your back

With over 70,000 experienced tax pros working in over 12,000 offices across the globe, you can count on H&R Block for your U.S. federal and state taxes--even when you're far from home. Find an international tax office near you and get the expert help you deserve today.  

What we do & how we can help

H&R Block guarantees

Our experienced tax professionals can handle even the most complex return.
We offer a full range of tax preparation including:

U.S. federal return

U.S. state returns

Refund & payment options

Drop-off service

Year-round support

International product & service offerings vary by location.

What you'll need

Supporting documents needed to prepare your U.S. income tax return:

  • Forms W-2 for wages, salaries and tips
  • Foreign wage statements (if applicable)
  • All Forms 1099 for interest, dividends, retirement, miscellaneous income, Social Security, state or local refunds, gambling winnings, etc.
  • Brokerage statements showing investment transactions for stocks, bonds, etc.
  • Schedules K-1 from partnerships, S corporations, estates and trusts
  • Statements supporting deductions for mortgage interest, taxes, and charitable contributions (including any Form 1098-C)
  • Any tax notices sent to you by the IRS or other taxing authority
  • A copy of your U.S. income tax return from last year
  • A copy of your foreign country tax return (if applicable)
  • A list of travel dates to the US and any foreign country
  • Maximum values of all foreign bank or financial accounts held during the year

Frequently asked questions

Yes, there is more to it. While there are no special taxes for expats, you may be required to report additional information to the IRS. What you need to report can vary by your location and situation. Rest easy, our tax experts can help you determine what's required. We’re experts in the tax laws that apply to expats for foreign income and investments. Don’t live near an office? File with our expat virtual services no matter your location.

Generally, no. If you’re an active duty military member living overseas, you do not have the same obligations as a U.S taxpayer living abroad. You can file your U.S. return on base at one of our H&R Block offices across the globe. Use the pull-down menu at the top of the page to find an office near you.

We do have a few international offices not located on military bases. In addition to active military members, these offices can help U.S. taxpayers with simple expat reporting. Use the pull-down menu at the top of the page to find an office near you. If your tax situation requires additional reporting, our Expat Tax Services team can help you regardless of your location.

H&R Block can help you file local taxes in Canada, Australia, and Puerto Rico. For taxpayers in Guam, we can also help you file your Guam Report.

Our Expat Tax Services team can help you file a federal return with the IRS to report your U.S. income.